See the Light in All
Our Mission Statement and ethos comes from the Sikh community that founded our School. ‘See The Light in All’ recognises the uniqueness of every individual but also the similarities with those they come to school with every day.
We’re often asked about our Sikh ethos. The principles are reflected in everything we do here in that we’re honest, kind, creative, active, and live our lived to the fullest.
What does ‘See the Light in All’ mean? It can mean a lot of different things, for example recognising the contribution that everyone brings to school, or even making sure that we give back to our community through fundraising or donations to Food Banks for example.
It’s also about understanding that all living things are all equal, which is why everyone is welcome to join the Primley Wood family.
Our Vision is to inspire the children of today to become the leading citizens of tomorrow through encouraging high expectations and personal reflection.
Our School Rules!
- Be ready
- Be respectful
- Be safe
Which means we are:
Ready – to learn, listen, help, follow instructions, ask questions, work together, do out best work…; we take pride in what we do and how we do it
Respectful – kind, caring and understanding of others no matter the part they play in our school; we look after each other
Safe – in all that we do and in our approach to learning, playing and interacting with those within our school, as well as our everyday life outside of school; we look after ourselves
- Provide our children the very best academic start in life
- Encourage independent thought among all our pupils
- Empower our pupils with the confidence and skills to lead and collaborate with others
- Develop an awareness and appreciation of the world and the cultures that enrich it
- Guide our children to understand how they can shape both their own futures and the world around them
- Enrich our community by providing a valuable centre of learning for all ages
- Provide a secure environment in which our children can feel safe and thrive
- Engage our children by providing deep learning experiences
- Compliment our provision through collaboration with other centres of excellence
- Nurture our pupils’ understanding of the value of leading a healthy and wholesome lifestyle
- Embrace and pioneer innovative technologies and techniques to support teaching and learning